Sunday, January 16, 2011

Begin Agains

The time to start anew.. the time for looking forward and refreshing that zeal you once had for the dreams and goals you have. The New Year! It's gotten off to a good start and I know it will continue to improve the rest of the year.
However something I have to keep reminding myself is just how easy it is to focus on that future. How much we can get caught up in the dreams goals and hopes that will be realized tomorrow. What I find myself forgetting is that HERE, NOW and TODAY is when my future is secured! This is the day I accomplish what I want and do what it takes to get there!
A dream is a goal.. not written down.

There is great truth in this saying and others like it. We can hope and dream all we want but having a list, having a picture, seeing it and knowing difinitively what it is you want makes it so much easier to hold yourself accountable to reaching it. We need these goals and they need to be defined physically in some way- and lists are great! I have a few goals I'll share-

Attend the Temple at least 60 times this year!
Ease someone's burden every week.
Attend school or vocational training
Read the New Testament
finish D&C :)
Get closer to my family- especially my Nieces and Nephews!
Draw a portrait. Haven't done that in 7 years!
Finish my oil painting!
All of these are goals and some are much more easily measured than others but they are written down. I know I can accomplish all these things- I've already been to the temple 4 times this month so I'm on my way. That brings me to my final point- accountability!
We may set these goals and wright them down but we need to tell our friends so they help hold us to them! We need to eveluate ourselves at least monthly and see how we're doing. Make sure we've actually made progress.. and see how we can continue working towards the goals we've set. I know this will be a great year for me and I hope yours is too!

No comments:

Post a Comment